Monday, October 17, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

This post is for the Plan-It, Don't Panic Meal Plan Challenge over at Keeper of the Home.  I've got my plans and my grocery shopping done, so hopefully we can stick to the plan this week.  One problem is that I'm looking for beef bones to make beef stock from, but I can't seem to find them inexpensively.  Any ideas where I could find some close to home?

I tend to create two-week meal plans because of the way Nathan is paid.  I like to get a majority of my grocery shopping done on payday and just get fresh produce or other extras the next weekend.  This means that something usually happens that keeps me from sticking exactly to the menu (dinner over at our parents' or with friends), but when that happens, I just shift my meals to accommodate the change.

Okay...meal plan (as usual, breakfast is granola/cereal/eggs and lunch is leftovers or sandwiches):

Monday:
Sirloin Steak
Homemade Mac and Cheese (using brown rice pasta and adding mozzarella to the cheddar)
Cabbage/Carrot/Apple Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing

Tuesday:
Pot Roast with Root Vegetables (carrots, potatoes, and parsnips)

Wednesday:
Dinner with friends

Thursday:
Baked Salmon
Mashed Potatoes (made with Chicken Stock)
Betteraves Melange

Friday:
Simple Roast Chicken (freeze the leftovers for later meals)
Green Beans sauteed in butter
Cinnamon Baked Pears

Saturday:
Leftovers

Sunday:
Cheese Ravioli Bolognese (wilted spinach in the sauce)

Monday:
Nathan's Birthday!  We're going out wherever he wants.

Tuesday:
Bread (Homemade Sourdough, if I can swing it!)

Wednesday:
Chicken and Black Bean Tacos with Homemade Tortillas
(using leftover roast chicken)
Organic Corn Chips with Fermented Salsa

Thursday:
Sun-dried Tomato, Bacon, and Spinach Cream Sauce* over Fettucini and Salmon
Garlic Bread
*I do NOT remember where I found this recipe.  I thought it was Modern Alternative Mama, but I can't find it on her site now.  But I promise to blog this recipe because it. is. amazing.

Friday:
Chicken and Gnocci Soup (based on Olive Garden's recipe)
(using leftover roast chicken)

No comments:

Post a Comment